Thursday, February 17, 2011

Post Card Trading


It's time to trade postcards with people from all over the U.S. and some abroad.  This happens about twice yearly.  Themes are always given and people sign up for a particular theme, make fabric postcards to fit that theme, and mail them off to the recipients.  This trade I signed up for 'Fruit' and 'Birds'.  The latter shouldn't surprise you.  I finished them today.  For the fruit theme I chose to use a pear and both a red and a black cherry.  Who knows why I chose such a combination.  They're made entirely from fabric scraps of which I still have plenty left.  For the bird theme I dug out my old college (so you know they're old) set of linoleum cutting tools and cut a pair of herons into a small block and then printed them onto a mottled green fabric to represent a marsh.  Always fun to make but even more fun to see what creations I'll get from others on these same themes.

No comments: