Friday, January 28, 2011

Again, a Long Time Away

I'm not a very good journalist so not a good blogger either.  Since I've last been on we've made a trip to Kansas City to the NCAA Division I volleyball tournament to take my granddaughter and enjoy her for the weekend.  She's an avid fan and great vb player herself at only 12.  Misty Mae Trainer posed for a photo with her.

The first of the year we ventured south to Arkansas to my daughter's wedding.  It was a nice ceremony albeit a bit cool on January 1st.  The day before it had been wonderfully warm.  Too bad it couldn't have lasted.

From there we trekked south into lovely Mississippi and drove a bit of the wonderful Natchez Trace, on to Biloxi and the warm Gulf breezes before ending up in New Orleans and the French Quarter enjoying the food and street jazz there.

Home again and I worked for 2 weeks at the local quilt shop while the owner was away.  While there I made a table runner and 3 throw size quilts for her to display in the store and eventually sell as kits.  I had started a 4th but didn't finish it so brought it home and finished it this morning.  Not my colors but a lovely quilt anyhow.

No comments: